Save The Date: No Pants! 2010

video from No Pants 2009

UPDATE:
Details for New York
Details for other Cities

The 9th Annual No Pants! Subway Ride will take place on Sunday, January 10 in New York City. More info with the meeting point and start time will be posted to this site in early January. For now, save the date. You can RSVP on Facebook.

Once again we are encouraging folks in other cities around the world to stage their own No Pants rides on the same day. Here is the list of cities who participated last year. Anyone organizing a regional No Pants event should let us know by leaving a comment on this post along with all of the necessary details. In a few weeks we will publish a list of all participating cities along with links to any Facebook events. Groups have staged the event on trolleys, light rails, and buses in the past, so don’t let a lack of subway system stop you!

If you are unfamiliar with this tradition, you can read the history here: The No Pants Subway Ride.

Comments

comments

210 Responses to Save The Date: No Pants! 2010

1. GuerilLA is organizing the No Pants ride in Los Angeles!
    Check out http://improveverywhere.ning.com/group/losangeles and up for the mailing list.
    Info for the ride will be sent within the next few weeks.

2. For all those in and around the GTA:

Improv in Toronto will again be running Toronto’s branch of the No Pants Subway Ride.

Its always a massive blast with tons of welcoming, chilly people, and it’s the prime choice for people just getting into the Flash Mob “scene”.

More details concerning where and when will be posted shortly on our website:

We can’t wait to see how big our group will be this year!

3. Finally an official date. Undecided if I should go pantsless, photograph the event or do both. You always say not to photograpgh but that’s kind of a lame restriction. Photography is who I am!

4. Darn, thats just 2 days after I board the plane to go study abroad in London. I’ve looked at the previous years and London seems to be sadly missing from the listed cities.

So… London: “No Trousers on the Tube 2010″

Sound like a possibility to any Londoners?

5. Tan says:

Singapore is in

6. Josh Weissbock says:

I would be down for a Vancouver (British Columbia, Canada) no pants ride on the sky train.

Anyone else from this area that would?

7. Jesse says:

Who wants to do it in Portland???
    I think it would be amazing!
    email me: cantcheesethis@Live.com

8. Paul Klenk says:

MINNEAPOLIS “No Pants Train Ride 2010,” on the Hiawatha Light Rail Line…

Okay, Minnesota, it’s time for the Minne-Apple to show the Big Apple how these things are done!

WE NEED ORGANIZERS* to lead several teams of pantsless Minneapolitans — in shifts — from the Mall of America to Nicollet Mall (and back).

WE NEED VIDEOGRAPHERS to film each trip, then edit it and post it on YouTube.

1. Join the Facebook page and mark your calendars.
    2. Share this event with everyone you know in Minneapolis and the surrounding area.
    3. Encourage them to do the same; we’d like this event to go viral!

* I don’t live in Minneapolis anymore, but I’ve got lots of friends there, and would love to see “you guys” take this ball and run with it!

Paul Klenk
    mail@paulklenk.us

9. paola says:

anyone willing to do it in barcelona (spain)?

10. sera says:

i think london ahould do 1!!

11. Jeff says:

I’m in NYC, where are we meeting up and what time??

12. Agent Patrick says:

Phoenix, AZ here. Are we going to be on the Metro Light Rail Tram again this year ? ? ?

13. Emily says:

What about Boston or Ottawa? I don’t know which one I’ll be in but I’d love to participate!

14. Agent Somos says:

We will be organizing the mission in Lisbon, as we did last year. I’ll comment with the facebook event and news article later today.

Cheers!
    Francisco Belard

15. Tom says:

I participated in NYC last year and it was a ton of fun. This year, I’m in South America, and will be in sunny Buenos Aires, Argentina! Who’s with me? I’ve created a facebook event, which I’ll flesh out later tonight. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=197130347539

16. Jessica says:

Would there be any interest in Quito? Sin pantalones en el Trole??

17. Madalyn says:

I know about ten people that would love to do this in St. Louis! There are already enough drunk homeless pantless dudes on the metro, why not join them? Please someone put this together!

18. Cormac says:

Does anyone want to organise one in Dublin? Maybe on the DART, or maybe the Luas? Get those Irish milk bottle legs out!

19. This is the event last year that started ImprovAZ, so we’re all over it again this year!

If you’re in Arizona and want to join us on the Light Rail, check us out at http://improvaz.com or ImprovAZ on Facebook. Details will be posted in both locations.

20. Anne says:

It’s time for the German capital to join the list of participants, so dear Berliners save the date – the city wants you pantless! :)

To make this event BIG we still need:

* organizers
    * people who film the event, edit the material and post it to YouTube, Vimeo etc.; photographers
    * people who are not afraid to travel pantless in public

RSVP on the Facebook page and mark your calendars. Also, share this event with everyone you know in Berlin!

21. Mike says:

Philadelphia? Beuler? Anyone?

22. Carley says:

Chicago anyone??!!

23. LzzL says:

How about the Netherlands? Rotterdam? is something going to happen there? Please let me know!

24. Stephanie says:

Anyone in Detroit want to do this on the People Mover?

25. Erika says:

Is Baltimore anywhere on this list? Because I feel the inner harbor would be fun with no pants in the middle of January.

26. Sandro Giunta says:

And now…

The No Pants Subway Ride

IN ROME….!!

27. BOSTONS TURN!!!!!!!
    ok, I’ve decided to start a facebook event so that we can all see how many people are willing to go pantless in Boston. I’m not much of a leader and will need help so if we can also have people who are willing to: organize and lead, Film and post on youtube, and go pantless participants :)

28. Jen says:

Is anyone doing this in DC!?!?! I live in NJ but I’m going back to Baltimore right before this and I really want to do it in DC if someone is organizing it!!!!!!!

29. Ari says:

We should definitely have one in Philadelphia. It sounds awesome.

30. Liz says:

Who’s down for Chicago?!!

31. Brad says:

Chicago is in

32. The General Public says:

Please, for the love of God, leave us alone. We just want a peaceful ride home. Please try and understand, we are clever enough and intelligent enough to find randomness and lightheartedness without you forcing it on us during our commute, while we’re shopping, while we’re eating. Those are the few moments in our lives that are supposed to be just for us, a small moment of escape and peace.

Find a hobby, go volunteer, take an actual improv class — ANYthing to occupy yourselves and give you creative satisfaction that doesn’t involve annoying the piss out of everyone around you.

Thank you.

— John Q. Public

• borderline pissed says:

YEs. I hadn’t seen your post before I too posted something similar. But you, Mr. Pubic expressed it better than I ever could have.

• Brave Soul says:

You have ugly legs…don’t you?

• Uh, yeah, the escape and peace you get in your regular (boring) commute home is what you get the other 364 days out of the year that we’re not forcing lightheartedness on you. That’s why we do it. And god, how awful to have to be forced to witness lightheartedness! The pain must be unbearable.

33. Josh says:

I’ll be setting it up in the eugene oregon area

34. Frankie says:

I’m in San Francisco and would love to participate! Either on BART or MUNI! Anyone else in?!

35. Matthew Flaschen says:

Atlanta’s Gobi Lumberjacks are in again this year! Our Facebook event is http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193335151972 and our Ning page is at http://improveverywhere.ning.com/group/atlanta/forum/topics/no-pants-2010 .

Let’s make this even bigger than last year. :)

36. scotty says:

Portland Oregon will be in again!

37. borderline pissed says:

Someone care to enlighten me as to the point of this tomfoolery? Cause if it’s just to ride the subway pantless then it’s quite foolish, and frankly, inconsiderate to the everyday New Yorker trying to get from point A to point B. I suggest you limit this nonsense to the L line.

38. Dimitri says:

NYC last year was killer fun! It even snowed. People started making snow angels at union square park. There was also a scheduled meeting place ( BAR ) for all the attendees which made it easier to meet me some cool peoples.

39. Heather says:

I will begin organizing a facebook event for Philly, and get back to everyone with the details–unless someone else organizes one first!

40. If anyone wants to co-organize one in San Francisco with me, send me an email – elijah@elijahsadventure.com.

41. L.J. says:

Hey, I would like to get denver in on this as well. Hope some others would do it as well.

42. emily says:

anything going on in so-cal? la county, specifically?

43. Michael M. says:

anyone want to do something in chicago?

44. U says:

hey dudes from Singapore! interested participant here. drop me an email at ummar_bh@hotmail.com

45. Cathy says:

Dublin yes!
    Dart or luas is good, for me, Dart would be handier, but it depends on where we can get the numbers…

• Cormac says:

Hey Cathy,

I really want it to work in Dublin, glad there’s another Dubliner on here. my e-mail is mealeyc@tcd.ie please get in touch if you want to organise it!

Cormac

46. Lydia says:

Please please please someone organize it in Montreal
    or at least Ottawa?

lydiajoannejones@gmail.com

let me know if you do!

47. BostonSOS says:

Naturally, BostonSOS will be hosting once again for Boston. Registration will begin next week at http://www.BostonSOS.org

48. Hans says:

i would love to join the london crowd, but i am not on facebook.
    can anyone please write me a mail to tell me where it is or put me on a mailing list!
    afish@web.de

let´s rock london and be the largest no pants community!

h

49. teamfab says:

i’m in for a boston action! if anyone organizes the event, please keep me posted. wooooohooooooo!

50. M@TT says:

Awesome, maybe I can do it this year o.o Anyone organizing in San Francisco? Send me an email at microdbz711@yahoo.com

51. brian says:

What about Seattle? The new rail line from the SEA to Westlake is opening in December shouldn’t we “christen it?

52. Cole says:

The event for the Toronto No Pants Subway Ride is now up:

53. Christian says:

Totally going to do it this year! A couple of my friends and myself are game to do it in New York since we are all on vacation from school for it. I myself have to decide if I’m going to drop my pants or take pictures because I think it would be a fun event to photograph. I’d also be willing to help document with pictures for Improve Everywhere if they are looking for people to help with that.

Can’t wait either way for No Pants 2010!

Christian

54. Turkobain says:

Looking for participants, in Mexico DF.

We still need:

* organizers
    * people who are not afraid to travel pantless in public

RSVP on the Facebook page and mark your calendars. Also, share this event with everyone you know in Mexico.

———————–
    Buscando participantes en Mexico DF

Aun se necesitan:

-Organizadores
    -Personas que filmen editen el material del evento y lo suban a youtube, etc
    -Personas que no tengan miedo de quitarse los pantalones en publico

Para unirte Agenda la Fecha el la pagina de Facebook y ponla en tu calendario. Ademas pasa la voz a los que conozcas que vivan o sean del DF y/o quieran asistir.

55. Agent Lovelie says:

Anyone in michigan (Macomb area) want to try and set something up? I’m not too knowledgeable on any buses around or anything, but I’d be more than willing to go!!

56. jed says:

I went ahead and made a Facebook page for the San Francisco ride.

I have some ideas for how we can replicate the NYC ride pretty well on Muni. Let’s get BART out of the equation and it’ll be a stronger showing.

57. George says:

Anybody organizing something in DC yet?

58. Steve says:

Why is there never an even in Dallas?

59. randomens 1 says:

is there anyway you can get in trouble
    like say stopped by the police
    or even getting a summon cuz i cant afford that

60. randomens 1 says:

is there any way you can get in any kind of trouble doing this

61. Pony says:

has anybody set anything up for seattle?

62. Doug says:

Anyone from Montreal this year?

63. Marie says:

Hello, well what is with Dortmund/Germany? Is there interest? Any other Germans out here? Would be nice!

64. Robert says:

Chicago anyone?? I’m totally down–

65. Chris J. says:

I’ll be in San Francisco. Anyone else up for doing it on the same day in SF on BART or MUNI? It’ll likely be lot more mild in SF than in New York that day.

66. Chris J. says:

San Francisco, anyone? It’ll be a lot more mild than in NYC. BART or MUNI. I don’t have a preference.

67. Julian says:

We are currently in India and could join for a ride in Delhi.
    If anyone wants to join in let us know.

68. Johno says:

What about Amsterdam?! Itll be cold, but they have a metro, and otherwise plenty of trams!

69. bryson says:

sadly i dont live in new york city to be apart of this BIG EVENT but i live in houston texas and we dnt have subways down there we have busses no subways is there a possible way we can be one of the 22 cities involved in this

70. Cole says:

The event for Toronto’s No Pants Subway Ride is now up!
    Make sure to RSVP, and invite your friends:

71. Gorilla says:

Anyone interested in taking the train from philly to NY and then back when its all over? Possibly even pantless the whole time? lol and where is the meeting point in NY?

72. Sergio says:

Anybody interested in Buffalo, NY? I know you’re out here..

73. Pant les Joe says:

Vienna/Austria is sooooooo in!!

sign-up via email or facebook for meeting point information (will be sent out in January)

e-mail: NoPantsWien@gmail.com
    facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=231256860940

74. Arthur says:

I’m from Brazil, and I really, would like to see/participate of it here…

75. Jose says:

Dammit!!! I’m running the half marathon in Disney World that weekend…anyone in Orlando interested in doing something?

76. DCnaive says:

Anyone organizing in DC for this year? I’m in. If no one is, I’m willing to pull it together. Please post a comment if you are organizing or know that it still needs to be organized, and I’ll follow up.

77. TC says:

Anyone wanna do this in Seoul?

78. Héctor says:

Improba España will ride in all big spanish cities (Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, Valencia, etc).

Go to our facebook page for more info.

————-
    Improba España realizará este evento en todas las grandes ciudades del país (Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, Valencia, etc).

Id a nuestra página en Facebook para más información.

79. V says:

Set up the San Francisco facebook page, I set it up on here last year and was a great sucess!

80. Gwen Reich says:

Hi, I live in South Jersey. It would be great to have one going on in Philly, if someone is planing on having one could you let me know?

81. Agent Sebastian says:

Anyone up for a DC Metro No Pants? Has it ever been done?

82. Cristian says:

could kids over 14 do it

83. Ray says:

who is organizing this year’s SF event????

84. luis calles says:

jan 10 is my birday i want tho go at wat time and in ny please

85. Gwen Reich says:

Hey, could we do one in Philly?
    NYC is too far away, and we need someone to orginize it because I can’t.
    Thanks

86. seattledude says:

There is a potential interest in doing this in Seattle. Maybe on the SLUT.

87. belmonte says:

i’m in for philly

88. _austin_ says:

NorthCarolina U.S.
    I’LL DO IT

89. Hello says:

Philadelphia, anyone?!

90. Jewels says:

Seattle is participating this year… still trying to figure out which transportation system it will be on… the light rail or SLUT…

No Pants Seattle Fan Page

No Pants Seattle Event Page

In Seattle or the surrounding areas… come take your pants off with us!

91. Agent Berman says:

DC anyone?

I know it happened last year, and I just moved down here and want to participate…havent seen anyone post on here about it….so wats the deal, anyone in for No Pants in the Capitol!

92. Krystin says:

I haven’t seen any posts for Chicago, so if anybody’s interested, join the group! If there’s enough interest, maybe we can have a meeting place? Preferably inside? Out of the wind? And the rain? And the snow?

93. Diana says:

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ORGANIZE SOMETHING FOR BOSTON?
    SO MANY PEOPLE WOULD DO IT HERE!!!

94. Richard says:

Zurich, Switzerland? Somebody interested? http://www.zuerimprov.ch doesn’t mention it, I guess.

95. Kent says:

I Live Victoria BC, Canada I would be interested in Doing a event if I had some company from Victoria.

96. Zak says:

Chicago anyone?

97. Karrie says:

I went to No Pants NYC last year, it was dope! This year will be traveling in Taiwan for winter break though, so sad I’m going to miss out. I’m holding a pillow fight in Taipei and interested doing No Pants in Kaohsiung!

98. B.K. says:

we are planning to have one in tokyo, japan. will post the facebook event page later.

99. Anne says:

Is there any one in charlotte will to brave the light rail pantless?

100. Emerald City Improv in SEATTLE, WA, will be participating this year with our first annual No Pants! Light Rail Ride. Find out the details here:

Or here:

101. Emerald City Improv in Seattle will be doing this with our new light rail system.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=715865497&ref=ts#/event.php?eid=245032682628&ref=mf

102. jeff says:

Hey! Still waiting to see if anyone is putting together a D.C. ride. Anyone out there?

103. Damo says:

Anyone doing this for London? I’m up for it if they are =D Will take a train up from Kent if this is on haha

104. Guy Here says:

Chicago? Anyone? Which line should we meet? Which platforms?

105. The Netherlands is in! Shoqs will participate once again, after last year’s succes (see http://bit.ly/6fJpoi).

Do you want to join the party in Amsterdam? See http://shoqs.nl/doe-mee and leave your e-mailadress!

Cheers,
    Andries – Shoqs founder

106. Chelle Crystelle says:

anyone interested for one in cleveland?

107. Gwen (PHILLY) says:

ANYBODY IN?

108. LSK says:

Chicago, IL seems like a viable repeat location. I don’t believe I can organize this – anyone up for it?

109. Zipmaster says:

Is anyone doing the SF Bart ride this year?

110. Keith Conway says:

count me in for New york city woooooot!

111. Kaitie says:

Anyone in for Chicago??

112. kerry says:

is anyone doing DC? the rules are pretty strict on the metro there so I don’t know how it would go…… any thoughts? anyone interested?

113. Ashleigh says:

Is anyone organizing a ride in San Francisco? I can only find the facebook event for last year…

114. Agent Somos says:

The Lisbon No Pants! Subway Ride official facebook event:

115. Jordan, Los Angeles says:

If everyone who participates in this years event could post a “public” comment on their Facebook page about their own experience that would be great!

116. Sjors says:

Anyone up for a Dutch version?

117. Missing something? says:

Forgot your pants?

Are people staring?

Come help us make

This event less baring.

ProPants.

Join us: acceptpants@gmail.com

118. sarah says:

SF bay area on BART anyone???

119. Kevin Larz says:

Out Of Order will organize this event in the Dallas-Ft.Worth area.

Does anyone in that part of Texas have any suggestions of public transportation to pantlessly invade?

Bus, Train, Lightrail, Monorail?

120. cindy says:

any news on a DC metro one? i know it was done last year. i am totally down for doing it this year!

121. Brandon says:

Everyone’s talking about Chicago, but no one seems to have posted the link to the Facebook event. Here it is:

Already 700 people are signed up.

122. Sergio says:

Buffalo no-pants ride is up and running! Spread the word if you’re gonna be in town.

123. Rail Life says:

Phoenix will be rockin’ our second annual no pants day on the 10th!

124. SugarNinja says:

Anyone doing this in Ottawa, ON this year??

125. Yasmine says:

interesting stuff, i’m interested =)

126. Tom says:

Why on a Sunday? do this during the work week when more people, namely me, will see it

127. NoPantsLS says:

Our car on the Chicago Red Line sang Bohemian Rhapsody on the ride back!

MissedM: Argyle/FResl/AbaBos