Global No Pants Subway Ride 2011

Please note this page is from the 2011 event. Information on participating in other cities in the 2012 event is on this page.

No Pants 2009 in New York View on YouTube | Subscribe to our channel

As in years past, there are No Pants Subway Rides happening in cities around the world on January 9, the same day as our annual event in New York. If your town has a subway system or some form of mass transportation (bus? trolley?), then get involved and organize your own ride by creating a Facebook event and posting a link to it in the comments below. Your ride’s leader will also need to email us to confirm the details so we can list it on this page.

Here are all of the cities that currently have rides being organized for this year, 50 cities in 24 countries:

Adelaide
Toulouse
Vancouver
Vienna
Washington, DC
Wellington
Zürich

If you participate in a regional ride and use twitter, tag your posts with #NPSR and @improvevery so everyone can follow along with other cities throughout the day.

We will be updating this page with links to any new cities. Leave any corrections or additions in the comments.

No Pants Subway Ride 2011

Comments

comments

103 Responses to Global No Pants Subway Ride 2011

1. Andrew Marolt says:

The link to the Minneapolis Page is broken. Think you can fix it?

2. Mmmatze says:

The link for Zurich leads nowhere … Any news on that site? (It’s my town, that’s why I’m curious)

• Björn says:

Zurich is fixed. We had the event set to private while we were setting things up. Sorry for any confusion.

3. Charlie says:

Several of the Facebook links do appear to be broken, leading to “Page Not Found” errors. I’m not sure what the deal is, but I’ve asked the leaders of the regional events to look into it. Keep checking back here. I’m sure we’ll get it all sorted out soon.

• Charlie says:

All of these but 2 have been fixed. Waiting to hear from Chicago and Vancouver. Apparently any event created as part of a “group” wasn’t visible to anyone not in the group, even if the creator made it “public.” Dumb!

4. Beth says:

The link to Seattle doesn’t work, either.

5. Jim says:

Just letting you know that the link to Los Angeles doesn’t work, either.

6. Rammi says:

I’m organising the London one this year. Just wanted to comment and say I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that picture of me from last year on here. Um, thanks?

7. Stefanie says:

Broken links for the following cities:

Zurich
    Toulouse
    Seattle
    Minneapolis
    Los Angeles
    Chicago
    Calgary
    Buenos Aires
    Atlanta

Please fix.

• Charlie says:

I have no clue why these cities are all having an issue with their Facebook links. If anyone has information for these cities and can post it on a non-Facebook site, leave the link in the comments here and I’ll add it to the page.

• Chris Kliewer says:

Plan B MN here… Our Minneapolis event is set to Public for everyone to view. I confirmed it won’t work for me by clicking the link unless I am signed into Facebook. Tried on three different computers to verify.

You are welcome to click the following link to see our “Group” page in Facebook, and then join the event from there. It should work while we try to resolve our Facebook event page issues.

• Charlie says:

Interesting! I joined the group and then was able to see the event. So even though your event was set to public it was still only visible for group members. This must be the common thread with the cities who had an issue with Facebook. Anyone who created their event out of a group must have had this problem. Strange. I added the link to the group to the page. Send me a link to a listing on your site/blog/forum if you want a more direct working link.

• Thomas Terashima says:

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

It appears you have to be logged into Facebook to see the Facebook events.

8. jorge luis says:

ojala y algun dia realizen algo por el estilo pero en la ciudad de guadalajara, JAL. mexico
    creo que muchas personas pasticiparian :)

• Glenn says:

translation:

Hopefully, someday someone in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico would organize something like this. I think a lot of people would participate.

9. Hi Charlie, could you update the link for Amsterdam to http://www.shoqs.nl/details-broekloze-metrorit-2011/ ? The page displayed now is the “Save the date”!

Thanks and best of luck,

Andries

10. Patrick Carlson says:

The links to cities are NOT broken. You must be signed into Facebook for them to work.

• Rammi says:

Patrick, nope, they’re definitely broken. I’m signed into Facebook and can’t see a thing on the ones that have been reported as broken – maybe they’re set as private events instead of public ones.

• Charlie says:

Yeah, I’m logged into Facebook and can’t see the list of cities someone posted above. They are cut and paste correctly from the organizers. It’s either a private/public thing or Facebook is just being really random and screwy. I’m on a Mac and have tried in Firefox and Safari both logged in and logged out.

11. Ben Pienaar says:

Johannesburg – South Africa is on board

12. Charlie says:

I added Brisbane. For those keeping score, that’s four rides in Australia!

13. CJ says:

Can you advise link for Los Angeles – I cant get through via this page

14. jesspants says:

If you are able to be in touch with the regional organisers, maybe you can provide info on where to join the group to gain access if it’s a private FB invite? I’d like to follow/join the Minneapolis cause! :)

• Chris Kliewer says:

Plan B MN is organizing the Minneapolis event. Our Facebook event is set to “Public”, and works when I am signed into Facebook.

I am unsure why the link does not work “outside” for people…

You can toss me an email at “synssins at gmail dot com” for information on the event.

Meanwhile, we are working to get our link fixed for everyone.

15. JRy says:

Is Edmonton not doing it this year???

16. rodger says:

I was really hoping Charlotte was going to be active.

17. Lorenzo says:

Hi Charlie, I’d love to organize the event in Milano, but I guess it’s a bit late… Any hint/clue on how to start? Is there any TO-DO list or something? Thanks! :)

18. Adem says:

Hey and whats with Berlin. You choose Zürich, but not Berlin. This is weird…

19. Taylor says:

the FB link for Seattle is non-existent, can anyone confirm if this is just a technical error or if there is not one organized yet?