Mp3 Experiment Eight – Thanks!

Photo by Arin Sang-urai

A huge thanks to everyone who came out to The Mp3 Experiment Eight today! Please use the comments section of this page to describe your personal experience and link to any photos you took.

Here are the photos from our official photographers:

Agent Chad Nicholson’s photos
Agent Brian Fountain’s photos
Agent Ari Scott’s photos
Agent David Bledsoe’s photos
Agent Arin Sang-urai’s photos (rooftop photos!)
Agent Ilya Chigirev’s photos

It will be a few weeks before we have any video to show, but stay tuned. You can subscribe to our YouTube Channel to be the first to know when it is released. As always, all of today’s music was created by our composer Tyler Walker. Check out his site and buy his awesome album! This event was produced in partnership with the River to River Festival.

To find out about future Improv Everywhere events like this, be sure to sign up for our New York Agents Mailing List, like us on Facebook, and follow us on twitter.

Photo by Brian Fountain

UPDATE: Video is up!

Full report here.

Comments

comments

63 Responses to Mp3 Experiment Eight – Thanks!

1. Rush says:

I was there!Despite that I live in Mesa, Arizona, I D/L the MP3 and waited patiently all day for 5:30 to arrive.
    I did the ceremonial Bow, Handshake and Slow Dance!
    I followed the birds in my bedroom, crashing into walls.
    I imagined being in the arm tunnel and first contact.
    I danced, I laughed, silly walked, I high-fived the air. It’s as though I was there.
    I yelled goodbye
    What a BLAST!!
    THANK YOU …. IMPROV EVERYWHERE!!!! ®

2. Christopher Gonzales says:

This was GREAT! I’ve been a subscriber for a few years and this was my first mission! I the North side (white shirts) with a mullet type of haircut (if anyone remembers me). During the mask section, I used a scuba mask & snorkel.

There wasn’t many by standers to give a “high five” or to say hello… Probably because this experiment was more during the night. Which was good because we had a rave party and used all types of lights for games…

I’ll sure be doing this again if I’m available!

• Michele says:

Haha…I’m thinking, how could someone think that someone would remember them in that huge crowd…? BUT…I was right next to you! LOL! I rember the scuba mask =)

3. Betty says:

My daughter who is 9 is a HUGE fan of you guys says it was AWESOME… we are long time fans and it was the first time we’ve ever participated. I brought BOTH my kids with me, and unfortunately I wasn’t able to take any pictures but we had a GREAT time. We look forward to participating again!!!!

4. Richard says:

Had alot of fun! It would’ve been nice if there were more bystanders around to amuse, but still had a great time anyway.

It was really a sight to see a massive amount of people with white shirt all heading toward the starting point (the pier.) It was fun interacting with people as well – and anything that involves lightsaber fights and glowsticks is alright in my book.

It’s great to have a group dedicated to bringing humor and fun out of nowhere. Bravo! I will be greeting people by crossing my legs and raising the roof for some time to come.

5. Matt says:

This may have been better than last year.

Good times, good people, good bowing.

6. Anna says:

The celebration of lights was a fantastic idea, my dad and I had a great time!
    However, as being of the south tribe, we and a few others who meet at the battery park next to the Staten Island Ferry had quite a walk to make and ended up missing half of the games.
    But it was worth all the looks and friends we made along the way and when we reached the neutral ground, the 1996 rave party was just starting to swing!
    Thank you so much, can’t wait to see what’s happening next year!

• Chris B says:

It sucks that u guys missed some of the games. The info page showed you where you had to be and I think you guys were well off cause the starting point for the south tribe was not far. As long as you guys had fun it’s all that matters.

7. Matt says:

Also, WHITE SHIRTS 4 LIFE.

8. m.t. says:

This was my first mp3 experiment and it was a lot of fun! I wish we had more time to walk over to meet the black team though, I really wanted to try the human bridge but I was near the end. Nonetheless, it was so crazy and fun. My favorite parts were the flashlight freeze tag and the dance like you’re at a rave in 1996! haha, and all the glowsticks flying omg, that would look great on video.

9. Dave says:

Photos, Photos, Photos, find yourself on Flickr, show your friends, show your Mom what we do for fun in NYC:

10. Becky says:

I officially wish I could get away with wearing a Darth Vader mask around New York City every day of my life. I would settle for a day where I could admire everyone’s masks! (Oh wait, that’s Halloween.) Absolutely loved the range. From home-made to the Phantom of the Opera to various superheroes.

I was a member of the North tribe. It was my…third proper Improv Everywhere mission. This was definitely one of the prettiest. Glowy things make the world a better place. I sincerely apologize for being so disrespectful while greeting members of the South tribe. My habit of sporadically bursting into laughter while bowing, shaking hands, and slow dancing was unintentional.

11. Olivia says:

It was amazing! I loved the looks on people’s faces as the mass of black shirts gathered and gave them high fives. The festival of lights was awesome, with glow sticks being
    thrown into the air and camera flashes going off at every moment.
    The Lightsaber fights were hilarious, and I loved the ceremonial dancing and bowing. The shadow puppets were a great idea too, though I ran out of ideas after dog and eagle.
    I was so sad when my first MP3 Experiment came to a close. I can’t wait until next year!

12. Kevin says:

After following Improv Everywhere for a few years now, this was my first participation in an event and it was pretty freakin’ fun! I came with a bunch of friends, but got separated from them during the journey to the Neutral Zone to meet those neat ol’ black-shirts, but thanks to the MP3, I didn’t have much problem having fun with strangers.

It was also pretty awesome how many people recognized the outfit/mask I was wearing. I was wearing a pair of black dress pants, a white long-sleeved buttoned shirt, a red tie, and a BLU Spy mask! Was fun hearing Team Fortress 2 fans scream out “BLU SPY!” as they saw me. (And just to make it clear, I was dressed as a RED Spy [minus the suit because of the heat] disguised as a BLU Spy.)

What a great day. Can’t wait for next year.

13. Agent Pete G says:

Awesome time as always. We completely failed to keep the tribes separated for a little while but eventually got things back in order. Thanks to those who put it together, for those who helped clean up and were generally cool, and to everyone who came out!

-Pete the surgeon

14. Josephine says:

It was great! I loved the part when we had to high-five a nonparticipant, but there was only one. Basically, everyone mobbed the guy with green shirt, asking for high fives. The 1996 dance was beautiful with all the glow sticks.

Oh, and the flash wave was awesome. It would look great on camera.

15. Agent Jake Richards says:

One of the better experiments, I enjoyed it immensely!
    Looking forward to the video and photos very much.

16. Mikayla says:

Did you all see the people hanging off of rooftops to get a better look at us??? I had an amazing time! Can’t wait for the photos! SOUTH SIDE!!! xD

17. tia says:

This was my first mp3 experiment and boy, was it brilliant!! Love the 1996 rave, love the camera flash wave, and the light saber flashlight fight. I did wish there were more bystanders so I couldve high fived more people and see the confused but amused looks on their faces. Haha. Next time make it in a very busy area!! But the glow sticks and camera flash wave mustve looked gorgeous!! Had an AMAZING time!! One I wont ever forget! Cannot wait until next year. This is my new christmas. :-D

18. Cassidy says:

I LOVED this experiment! It was my first experiment and I had lots of fun. I can’t wait to see the video! I was on the white shirts team, and I had the best time; especially before the experiment began and we were walking around giving little winks to the other participants we could find. My dad came with me and my friend, in a dark blue shirt and he was mobbed with high fives, being the only non-participant for awhile.
    I did kinda get stuck, it was hard to get the tribes to mingle, there were only a few black shirts around me, and I had to do some of the cermonial handshakes with some of my own tribe! I loved the lightsaber fight, I got killed and fell to my death on the field. After the experiment too, some guy in a boombox ran around leading people. We made a makeshift dance circle and I ended up trading glowsticks with a guy who came up to me and asked if I wanted his pink for my blue. We ran around following the boombox guy in a huge conga line for awhile, and I noticed the security for the buildings getting pretty edgy seeing all of us! I felt bad for some of the non-participants caught in our mob; they must have been so confused!
    It was a great time though, and I can’t wait for next year!!!!

19. Joel says:

This is my 4th Improv Everywhere mission, 2nd MP3 experiment. My train stopped at EXACTLY 8:30 on Chambers street, but I was able to follow along anyway and got to the best bits of the experiment in the park. EPIC NIGHT!!! Met a lovely couple who came down from Philadelphia!! Hope everyone had a fun time!! My favorite parts were running in fast forward and walking as if we were on hot coal!! I don’t usually get tired easily, but I did during those 2 activities!! Also, the rave was epic!! I had a wonderful time, next year I’m in!!!

20. Chris B says:

This was my first time doing the Mp3 experiment and I had a blast. I guess I must have started the clip early cause when it told us to jump I was the only one that jumped, then after 30-40 seconds everyone else did it. it was pretty embarrassing but w/e. LOL I wish there were more non-participants to give high fives to though. I also liked the look on the people faces when we passed the basketball courts. Best parts were the light saber fight, flash wave and the 1996 rave. Thanks ImproveEverywhere for making this one of the best days ever. I’ll be back again next year, don’t you worry.