No Underwear: April Fool’s

If you haven’t figured it out by now, The No Underwear Subway Ride mission was staged for April Fool’s Day. The participants all wore skin-colored underwear that made it look like they were naked when pixelated in the video. On Monday we’ll post an “uncensored” version of the video that will show what we actually looked like. [Update: watch it here.] Our apologizes to those who were fooled into thinking we had lost our minds and done something this disgusting. If you haven’t read the comments yet, do yourself a favor and read a few. They are probably funnier than the hoax itself. WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?

And here’s the original video in case you missed it:

(Watch No Underwear Subway Ride in HD on YouTube)
edited by Matt Adams with Keith Haskel and George Gross / song by Tyler Walker

Comments

comments

72 Responses to No Underwear: April Fool’s

1. Well played, I figured you had nudies on underneath or something. This just makes me want to join in next year. xD

2. yfrontgaz says:

i just LOVE how these participants still had to pull off an actual ‘no pants’ ride – in nudies – to be able to stage the ruse of “no underwear”.So that is cool enough in itself,since the January No Pants ride already turns plenty of heads.

I’m very much looking forward to seeing the how-to video.Bravo on some very clever pixilating – that is a skill in itself.

When will you make it to Orlando?! :)

3. girlinthecorner says:

hehehe, I just thought the guy in the photo above was well hung and resting to the right!!!

Nicely done!!!

hats (or underwear) off to Improv everywhere!

4. Martha says:

I’m actually a little disappointed, though not much. I was hoping they would all turn out to be wearing Groucho Marx nose-eyeglass-mustaches on their skin colored underwear or something like that. Still, you got a lot of people all riled up. Great job! April Fools!!!!

5. KKL says:

Please.. please please… please let another TV station pick this one up!

6. DK says:

Another great April Fools joke. But nothings beats last year’s funeral joke. That was the best ever.

7. minuteforce says:

Honestly, you’d have to be stupid to have fallen for that anyway. ;P Even the Best Funeral Ever! thing from last year was more believable.

• Wes says:

The funeral was fake?

And I thought the commenters on the “no underwear ride” were thick.

8. LMC says:

I am ashamed to say I actually fell for this when I first read it. I was watching TV about three hours later when it clicked.

9. Ehren says:

After seeing the funeral one last year, I knew this had to be a joke…but still amazing! The funeral was still the best and most disturbing yet to date! Keep up the great work!

10. chris wells says:

i new it!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think the best comment was some european dude that was impressed with how “free” we have become sorrry bro but in america we still have ethics and morals :P lol

• chris wells says:

i would also say that im surprised that a lot of ppl would acctually get naked on a sub way really? im mean four words what abould the kids?

• Powers says:

What about them? No kid was ever scarred for life by seeing a bit of innocent nudity.

• chris wells says:

i didn’t say that some kid would b scarred for his life I’m just saying that kids aren’t old enough to understand what’s going on and what is appropriate and what’s not it would be much better if a the kids parent explained the birds and bees at home rather than being exposed to it all of a sudden thats all im saying

• Nonerz says:

they’d probably want to get naked too! lol

• TJ says:

News flash: Children are BORN STARK NAKED! Horrors!!
            And explaining sex is entirely different from simple nudity. Now, explaining SHRINKAGE in that weather, THAT’S another story!!!

• Brice says:

Nudity does not equal sex.

I wouldn’t be surprised to find out you have a hard time whenever you get your physicals done at the doctors.

Here’s a little surprise for you:

Kids already are aware about nudity. Did you actually think for a second that they don’t wonder “Why do we hafta wear clothes?”, at least once in their childhood?

• murray says:

*puritan alert!*

No offense, but lease, let’s not go back there. This was an awesome, fun & innocent prank. Do not underestimate the intelligence of a child and their ability to understand right from a joke. They can handle it much better than an adult (obviously). I know my 7.5 yr old son can. We’ll have a great laugh. XD

• Ryan says:

America is a continent not a country m friend. If u refer to the United States of America then use USA.

• y2j_andy says:

lol Ryan ur an idiot

• shelby says:

u have no way of knowing whether he meant the continent or the country and no one would care if u did.and anyway, the word ‘americans’ refers to citizens of the US so the point is sort of invalid anyway.

• ers2ny says:

Er, no, North America is the name of the continent. America/United States of America/US/USA are all one and the same country. Sheesh.

• Brice says:

United States of America. I think the first two words define the country better than the final one.

It’s unfortunate that the only way to refer to the citizens of USA is Americans. I assume it’s because one cannot exactly call the US citizens, Unitians, Statians or anything like that. It would then fall to “Americans” for the term to make sense.

Oh well.

11. Greg says:

As expected, the responses were a joy to read =P

I love that IE is willing to spoof its own missions, and that people think this is in poor taste. That said, out of context, I can see how reactions might be different.

Any news coverage this year..?

12. Michelle says:

I have to admit, when I read it yesterday you totally got me… it was the same last year too!!! I was a little in shock I think, but then noticed the date… provided me with hours of laughter, especially with all the comments!

Bravo, making people laugh- now THAT’S the spirit of IE. :)

13. Kale says:

Again, congrats on pulling off an awesome prank. I really enjoyed watching this one and I gotta say it was a great idea. However, as a few other people have stated, this doesn’t come close to the amazing-ness of “Best Funeral Ever.” Can’t wait to see what you guys come up with for April Fool’s 2011.

14. Robert says:

So where are all the Moralists who were crying “for the children?”

The naivete of the people posting such nonsense really has me worried.

My reasons?

1. It was posted on April First

2. It’s a comedy blog by an Improv Troupe.

3. Obviously people did not read the comments before posting their cries. When 100 other people call out the prank, yet others still cry foul.

Come on people.

• Sana says:

………………………
      1. i didn’t even remember it was april fools day.
      2. yeah, this on i should have caught.
      3. …………………for real? i read the first few messages and thats it. none of them picked up on it either. did you honestly think EVERYONE has the time to go through a ton of comments for every video they feel like replying to?

15. Pixie (Austraila) says:

Well done guys, I must admit you had me going.

My first thought was ‘Oh man, you guys are game but you don’t know who sat on the seat before you.’

My second, which was after you revealed the prank, ‘Should I ever go to the States I have to make sure to join you guys if I can.’

Keep up the great work, Pixie.

16. Daniel says:

the funeral one was funnier and more unique and out of the box and more believable.
    this year’s prank was just wierd and obvious and so expected.

also, posts like Robert’s make me want to pull a prank on them real bad because they act like they’ve never been duped before and that the “moralists” are “naive” just because they didn’t check the date. people get duped okay, and not everybody reads comments before looking at videos or posting comments. wat’s the fun in april fool’s day if everybody checked the dates and don’t fall for tricks?
    be nice people, no need to attack the moralists and the people who cried children. they were just worried, sheesh.

17. Alicia says:

I fell for it!!! Ha ha ha. Well done :-)

18. Mike C says:

This was one of the best.. This shows you NYC is the best. I hope I am included in some of the future Improv’s

19. April Not says:

It reminds me of that time a guy exposed himself to me on the subway, and I was trapped there and helpless… not a good time. Thanks, douchebags.

20. Rubia says:

Wow I was definitely fooled- I read it and was like ewww why would I wanna see pictures of that? lol So I didn’t look at them or read the mixed comments until just now. This one really revealed some pervs, huh? A lot of people loved the idea of a naked subway ride and one guy even said he was “jealous” because you guys “got to show your junk in public”?? lol wow.