No Underwear: Uncensored

(Watch No Underwear Subway Ride Uncensored in HD on YouTube)
Produced by Charlie Todd and Matt Adams / music by Tyler Walker

For April Fool’s Day this year, we uploaded a new video that made it look like we had staged a No Underwear Subway Ride (in the tradition of our annual No Pants Subway Ride event.) The video was a hoax. Although we claimed that 1,000 people had exposed their genitals on the train, we actually just filmed 20 actors wearing skin-colored underwear, and then pixelated the footage to make them look naked. The “uncensored” version of the video embedded above will show you what we actually looked like.

Playboy falls for the hoax

We were pretty surprised at how many people actually fell for it. We saw several major news blogs around the world reporting it as fact. I think most folks who fell for it assumed that it was an April Fool’s joke on the people riding the train, not on them. We post prank videos year-round, so for April Fool’s Day we like to change things up and try to fool our online audience. Last year we acted like we had staged a prank at a funeral.

Filming the beginning of the video in an empty park with Agent Adams

The real mission briefing

Agents arrived at the meeting point wearing two pairs of underwear. One regular and one skin-colored pair underneath. A few of the agents gave us staged reactions for the video, posing as regular train riders. Of course, we were still walking around the train in our underpants, so we got plenty of reactions from actual strangers as well.

Agent Haskel did an excellent job pixelating the video, and Agent Gross did some great color-correcting for the agents whose underwear didn’t quite match their skin tone. Agents Nicholson and Sokoler expertly pixelated their photos for the mission report.

For reference, here is the original hoax video:

(Watch No Underwear Subway Ride in HD on YouTube)
edited by Matt Adams with Keith Haskel and George Gross / song by Tyler Walker

Comments

comments

66 Responses to No Underwear: Uncensored

1. Wes says:

I enjoyed the comments that supported it. =P

2. Cari says:

Wow you had me completely fooled! I kept thinking about how nasty that would be, sitting on those sitting on those seats and I had vowed never to ride/sit down on the subway again. Great prank! :)

• Etsuko says:

I hear that. I don’t even like touching anything down there with my bare hands let alone that.

3. Adhi says:

This enters my shortlist of favourite IE’s prank. Two thumbs up! (I actually fell for it the first time) :-)

4. Alex says:

Those comments sure were something, haha. I’m amzed how many people were fooled this year, especially after how they got us all last year.

5. lone prankster says:

way to go guys…. really a winner with this one. I’m way up here in quebec canada, and i saw this on the news except they seemed to think the prank was that you got naked for real. you rock!

• Charlie Todd says:

Please find footage of this and post a link!

• lone prankster says:

Sorry Charlie, i did look around a lot but unfortunately i didn’t find anything to back me up.

It was a 30 seconds to 1 minute segment during the news. For those better at seaching the internet than me : it was between 5:30 and 6:30, on Aprit 4th on the french network V télé (www.vtele.ca)

The chance to find a clip of this seems impossible at best! for me atleast.

• Have you found footage of this?

6. Cagana says:

I Completely fell for it! And here I was going around, proud of myself for not falling for an April Fool’s pranks this year. Excellent job on knocking my arrogance down a few pegs. ;)

7. Etsuko says:

I’m so relieved! I was afraid to get on the subway with my daughter.

8. Sarah says:

It was hilarious to read the really, really offended comments! Great prank.

9. Emma says:

Absolutely hilarious. I loved it, and I have to admit that I did fall for it the first time. It took me quite a while. Here I was in New Zealand thinking that American people had truly gome mad. Thanks for the laugh.

10. Saffity says:

I came in late to last year’s funeral and only got to see the effects to the “behind the scenes” post. This year I remembered to come check out what was up and I was SO thrilled to see this. You guys come up with some of the best pranks on pranksters. I look forward to all your real pranks, but this is such a nice treat every year to see what you come up with and see how many people fall for it!

Thanks for all your hard work!

11. Lyn says:

As funny as this one was, it saddens me. I teach elementary school and have taken my classes to your site to inspire them to set up their own Improvs. IMpromptu weddings, valets in the bathroom, Food Court musicals, subway art museums were PERFECT for them to browse. This one…not so much. Guess we will have to set up our own – more age appropriate – site. Sigh.

• David says:

Lyn, I agree.

• Not apparent says:

Seriously, the whole world doesn’t need to cater to children. And there’s a lot more offensive stuff than this on the internet. I guess you could just show them the you tube videos directly instead of trying to ruin everyone else’s fun.

• Dan says:

If you don’t feel the difference between public area (where You’re apparent to children and others) and optional internet (where You can select), then You do not want to see.

Maybe i.e. out of good ideas.. sorry

• Not everyone elses fun. But , some of you have fun with this sort of thing. I see! Public arena is complicated to be perfect.

• Uly says:

I’m sorry, I missed the notice on this site which said it was for kids.

The whole world is not going to be set up for children. Deal with it. Take them to the parts of this site which they can see, and don’t take them to the parts you think are inappropriate. Problem solved.

• NYPD says:

Excuse me, I missed the notice on subway which said it’s only for adults.

(and We’ll be there to solve affair)

• Brice says:

Isn’t this ENCOURAGING the kids to do pranks?

Hmmm… Come think of it… It’s perfect!

;)

12. Jan Fabry says:

I noticed (but was not really surprised) that only the women had skin-colored underpants. I guess there is no market for skin-colored underwear for men?

13. Lindsey says:

Sorry — is Lyn (above) still fooled? Can’t tell exactly…but god, I hope so.

• Linsey; Your comment is uncalled for and ignorant of real truth. The entire United States of america was founded on the phrase, “In God We Trust”. Your use of the term god as a slang term is one of the most ignorant phrases I have seen this month. Plerase try to be respectful of your self and the founding fathers. You may also consider how ignorant you appear on a public domain. American? or Canadian. Foolish looking and an emabarrasment to society. Please consider refraining from public posting untill you grow up alittle. I will pray for your soul now, Good luck with your future. It looks rather dim to me at this time.

• WOW, Lighten up Stephen Alex Franchi. She is ignorant! not Stupid. Ignorant means she/he can learn. so give her a chance to at least understand the situation first before you rip into her/him.

14. the yellow tooth hawk says:

gosh darn, you got me again

• Hello
      Thanks for trying to improve the quality of blasphemy. Nice try but, I see what ytou mean. Jesus does also: I will pray for you and the comment by linsey above also . Best of luck with your future. You seem to have a desire to improve on life. keep up the progress. It took my 6 years to learn not to use profane nd blasphemus language. I wish only the best and practice what I preach now and for ever Amen. God has been good to me. He loves you and will give you all things you will need in life if you let him.

15. Your videos are insane, but of course always better than the previous. I enjoyed it very much. Would love to part of your next project.

16. Geert says:

I want to talk to the management. All this is too sophomoric to be true. Even the no-pants events are a step down from, for instance, the lovely, and smart, Mobius Knot Action a couple of years ago in a Starbucks. Please do not dumb down Improv Everywhere.

• I would be glad to share with you some of my music improv that was collaberated on youtube .com. I am challenging other youtuber’s to collaberate live quick capture on youtube with me. Soon this will be a trend all over the world. I can tell. Improve is the willing natural progression of human expression, “In my opinion” I look forward to your visit on youtube. If you are musically inclined that is. Or even if not! I will work with yo to become one of my collaberate

17. Asim says:

All 4 thumbs up….

18. Asim says:

It was interesting to read the reactions of so many… well thought, planned and executed… BRAVO…

19. Joe says:

ok that is funny

20. God_Rules!_literally says:

I don’t care if it was fake. I am still ashamed to call myself a human being for being in the same species with you IE…not nice…foolers! Yeah! After making me pleasure myself while crying in embarrassment at my own impure thoughts while watching the first video, NOW I find out it’s not even as dirty and wrong as I secretly wanted??? My inner demons are considering a lawsuit. It will be for 50 bajillion dollars too! Do you even know how to count to 50, or even ONE bajillion??? Didn’t think so! Who’s the fool now?! HA!!!!!

• Who’s the fool now is not the question for you to ask. Only judge yourself. If you must judge to appear smart. Try careing for some situation outside your self. Getting outside yourself is allways going to lead to improvements in your personallity. Try it sometime. I will pray for you and those like you now. I am learning how to enjoy my self through your ignorance thanks for the expression of ignorance of the law. and the foolish expression of ignorance and low vocabularic exstensativity.

• Pleasure is a relative term. one mans pleasure is anothe rmans misery.